The US market for plastic caps and caps has been
New York, June 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the publication of the report “Plastic Caps and Closures Market in the United States – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast (2021 – 2026)” – https: //www.reportlinker.com/p06095508/? utm_source = GNW
Some of the effects of the foreclosure include lack of availability of raw materials used in the manufacturing process, supply chain disruptions, fluctuating prices, labor shortages that can cause shipping problems, production of the final product which inflates and exceeds budget, etc.
– Plastic caps and closures serve a wide range of industrial segments, such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, housewares and cosmetics, among others. Stoppers and closures are the last components of the packaging and are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the product packaging.
– Plastic caps and closures are essential for extending shelf life and retaining the taste, flavor and texture of the packaged product. In addition to offering sealing and contamination resistance characteristics, plastic caps and closures play a vital role in visual appeal, brand differentiation and convenience for consumers.
– Therefore, plastic caps and closures are imperative for the packaging industry, which is the main driver of market growth. The growing demand for packaged products is expected to drive the constant dynamics of the studied market. According to Convenience Store News (June 2020), in 2019, the total sales of the packaged beverage industry in the United States were $ 30,409 million.
– Technological advances in plastic packaging have led to innovations in product development in the industry. With many companies spending significantly on R&D activities to produce unique and profitable products, innovations in the market are multiplying. For example, in October 2020, Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling tested and released reclosable caps, which included 30% recycled content, on 20-ounce, half-liter, and one-liter PET bottles of DASANI across California.
Key market trends
The beverage industry is expected to experience significant growth
– As the volume of bottled water sales has increased in recent years, so has per capita consumption in the United States. Over the past decade, annual bottled water consumption has increased by almost 40%, reaching a total of nearly 45.3 gallons per person in 2020. In 2020, 15 billion gallons of bottled water were sold in the United States. Bottled water was the most consumed drink by Americans a year earlier, with soft drinks ranking just behind, according to the International Bottled Water Association. Due to such demand for conditioned drinking water in the region, there is an increasing demand for plastic caps and closures.
– PET is a transparent, durable and lightweight plastic, which is widely used for beverage packaging, especially carbonated drinks and fruit juices. Virtually all individual and 2-liter bottles of soft drinks and fruit juices sold in the United States are made of PET. Thus, the increasing demand for PET bottles also increases the growth of the studied market.
– Various beverages such as dairy, beverages and energy drinks are also driving the caps and closures market with increasing innovations in glass and HDPE and PET bottles to ensure aesthetics, long shelf life and sustainability.
– Packaging for dairy beverages, such as milk, is gaining traction in the United States as the country packs milk in cartons, PET bottles and HDPE bottles, increasing opportunities for caps and closures in plastic. For example, in 2020, Closure System International introduced 38D-KL closures for dairy beverages, such as milk, and are made compatible with HDPE and PET 3 lead-finish bottles that serve as individual packs to size packs. of a gallon.
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is expected to hold a significant share
– High density polyethylene (HDPE) and LDPE are thermoplastic polymers made from ethylene monomer. Compared with LDPE, HDPE has higher density and melting point. According to the American Chemistry Council and the US Census Bureau, the production of polyethylene (including HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE) in the United States is 22,674 kilotons in 2019.
– According to Borealis, the growth of HDPE caps and stoppers is mainly due to the replacement of the metal caps used on glass bottles (replaced by PET) and a change in consumption pattern as more refreshments are consumed from small bottles. According to the American Chemistry Council, the production of HDPE in the United States in 2019 was 9,999 kilotons, while the production of LDPE is 3,460 kilotons. In addition, new PE capacity in the United States will be commissioned on schedule despite the context of weaker global growth and despite the maintenance of Chinese trade war tariffs on American imports of HDPE, LLDPE and LDPE.
– Many companies, such as Closure Systems, offer the BorPure HDPE family for caps and closures. In December 2019, Closure Systems International introduced the 38mm D-KL unlined HDPE cap, designed for dairy and non-carbonated beverage applications that features improved application performance and roll-up tamper proof for safety and is 100% recyclable.
The US plastic caps and closures market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several small and large players in the market, operating in both domestic and international markets. The market appears to be moderately concentrated. Market players are adopting major strategies, such as product innovation, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic partnerships, in order to broaden their product portfolio and expand their geographic reach.
– February 2020 – Amcor PLC announced the launch of its first PET container made from 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) resin. The company created the new clear bottle in two sizes, 100 cubic centimeters and 150 cubic centimeters, for Ritual, a health technology company that produces multivitamins.
– Jan 2020 – Silgan and Albea have entered into a binding offer for Silgan to acquire the global distribution systems business of Albea and its Metal and Brazil clusters. The combination will leverage the expertise of Silgan’s Closure segment, which focuses on food, beverage, home and personal care, and Albea’s distribution system, which focuses on beauty and beauty. skin care, in order to provide innovative solutions.
Reasons to buy this report:
– The market estimate sheet (ME) in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06095508/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.