Altair announces the latest version of its integrated simulation and analysis portfolio
Altair, a global leader in converged simulation, HPC and AI, has announced significant enhancements to its integrated portfolio of simulation and design tools. This update to Altair’s simulation software suite aims to accelerate simulation-based design and unleash the power of AI by integrating augmented intelligence into the widest possible range of engineering tools. computer aided (CAI).
“The latest version of our simulation solutions embodies Altair’s position at the forefront of the convergence of simulation, HPC and AI. For engineers, designers and simulation specialists, this release fosters exploration, innovation and collaboration, ”said James R. Scapa, Founder and CEO of Altair.
Improve simulation-based design
Simulation 201.2 takes simulation-based design to the next level. Streamlined modeling workflows deliver even faster design iterations, resulting in optimal, manufacturable designs earlier than ever in the development cycle. Improvements include:
- Modeling and simulation workflow based on parametric characteristics – Altair Inspire makes geometry modeling and editing accessible to all designers and engineers, even if they don’t have the time or access to traditional computer aided design (CAD) tools. A robust history-based CAD modeling approach ensures that creating and modifying geometry is quick and easy.
- Ability to perform simulation studies faster and easier – Altair’s high-end solvers powering Inspire encourage wider collaboration and extend to flexible bodies for motion analysis and even faster integration with Altair SimSolid, facilitating rapid analysis of large assemblies.
- A complete API based on Python – Over 500 documented and running examples enable rapid automation and customization of simulation-driven design and manufacturing workflows.
The right model, for the right decision, at the right time
Simulation 201.2 combines IT-efficient reduced-order models and detailed CAE analysis with the automation of labor-intensive task processes. Users can now create mixed loyalty models with the appropriate complexity to accelerate decision making. Major development includes Altair Pulse, a new tool that orchestrates meaningful models from the vast workflows required to simulate complex systems of systems with the targeted workflows needed to enable fast, reliable and repeatable modeling, analysis and optimization. Throughout the product development cycle, Pulse speeds up decision making and inspires greater confidence in the process. Key features and capabilities include:
- A digital thread that drives script consolidation, process pooling, and data traceability for simulation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across the enterprise and throughout the product lifecycle.
- Digitize best practices to increase team efficiency and analysis consistency, while reducing procedural errors and time without added value. More effort can be invested in using simulation to inform performance goals, assess attribute tradeoffs, and explore what-if scenarios.
- Increase efficiency by using multiple scripting languages to eliminate repetitive tasks between applications, even for complex processes.
Bring augmented intelligence to a wide range of CAE tools
AI-powered design, augmented intelligence, and predictive analytics all contribute to broader collaboration, faster design convergence, and greater product innovation. The machine learning (ML) algorithms in this suite of solutions are leveraged in three main areas:
- Increase existing products with AI – Starting with modeling and visualization products, the latest version of Altair HyperWorks includes features like shapeAI, which applies ML to quickly find and classify parts by shape in geometry files or element meshes finished.
- Add the power of AI to product design – Altair HyperWorks Design Explorer enables easy setup and execution of design of experiments (DOE) and optimization studies and deploys ML models to provide real-time field predictions for any design change .
- Use of field data throughout the product lifecycle – With new tools such as signalAI, ML can interpret field data to prevent product failures when the data shows deteriorating health and predict the effects of environmental changes in real time.
“By taking advantage of new capabilities enriched by AI, we free users from tedious and repetitive tasks, and allow them to perform more simulations and design iterations,” said Scapa. “By supporting better decision making early on, Altair is once again accelerating and optimizing design and manufacturing results. “
All products are available through Altair Units, giving customers easy and cost-effective access to Altair’s entire portfolio of software solutions. For more information on the latest simulation software update, visit www.altair.com/simulation-2021-2 or register to attend Future.Industry at https://events.altair.com/future -industry-2021.
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the fields of simulation, high performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations across large segments of the industry to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. For more information, please visit www.altair.com.